My Phone Explorer 1.8.4
Screenshots of My Phone Explorer
My Phone Explorer Editor's Review
If you happen to have a Sony-Ericsson mobile phone, then maybe you used the Sony Ericsson PC Suite software, to manage your phone and make backups of its contents. It is a pretty good piece of software, but some of you might want a different type of application, one with more features, more control and more information about your phone. Nevertheless, it should be free.
So, if you want to manage your Sony-Ericsson mobile phone the easy way, look no further: My Phone Explorer is here for you. It is an easy to use, feature-rich application that lets you manage your Sony-Ericsson phone, connected to your computer through an USB cable, Bluetooth or InfraRed connection.
Let’s have a look at what My Phone Explorer can help you with:
- Contacts management: Synchronize, View, Edit, Create and Delete – contacts from your phone memory or the SIM card.
- Calls management: answer/hang-up calls using your computer, view and synchronize a list with incoming, outgoing and missed calls.
- Organizer management: you can synchronize your calendar and notes between your phone and My Phone Explorer, and set up seamless synchronization with Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird or Google Calendar.
- Messages management: you can view your Inbox, Drafts, Sent items and have an archive of your SMS messages from your phone. You can even use your computer keyboard to type messages easier and faster, send/save messages, or control your phone via the computer.
- File management: using this feature you can browse and copy files from/to the internal memory of the phone, or its memory card. You can also synchronize or create folders.
- Other tools: Profiles – easily switch to another profile, or change its basic settings. Monitor – an interesting peek into the diagnostic information, that is not directly available to the user, such as the temperature of the phone and battery, the voltage of the battery, signal quality, phone model, firmware version, LAC and Cell-ID. You can also view the memory status of your phone, with pie-charts for available storage for: contacts, messages, phone memory, events and tasks.
My Phone Explorer works with all relatively-recent Sony-Ericsson mobile phones, according to the developer, and also with Windows 7. In the Extras menu you will find: multi-sync (for phonebook, organizer and messages, all at once), phone keypad (so that you can type or control the phone from the computer), Image wizard (to help you choose and crop an image to fit the display of the phone).
Pluses: My Phone Explorer is a very useful and feature-rich application, that works with most Sony-Ericsson phone models. It also has various ways of synchronizing your information between the computer and the phone, as well as creating backups of the phone.
Drawbacks / flaws: There is no support for older Sony-Ericsson models that have the Symbian OS, such as the P800, P900, and P910 phone models. However, the M600i, W950i, W960i, P990i, P1i and G900 should work.
In conclusion: Given the great amount of features and its user-friendliness, My Phone Explorer is a great application, that can be used to efficiently manage virtually any Sony-Ericsson mobile phone.
version reviewed: 1.7.4
My Phone Explorer Publisher's Description
Easily manage Sony-Ericsson mobile phones: contacts, calls, organizer, messages and files, all can be accessed with this all-in-one application. You can even make backups of your phone, use the computer keyboard to type messages and synchronize the available information from the phone. There are many features packed into one compact and free application.Read more
Look for Similar Items by Category
This download is managed by our ad-supported smart download manager. During the download process we may show commercial offers, such as a toolbar or other browser add-ons. The download manager does not have any relationship with the author of this product. AVG SafeGuard toolbar alerts you before you visit dangerous webpages to make sure your identity, personal information, and computer are protected. The product can be downloaded as well freely from the author's website. Learn more